Oxford Studies in Epistemology is a biennial publication which offers a regular snapshot of state-of-the-art work in this important field. Under the guidance of a distinguished editorial board composed of leading philosophers in North America, Europe, and Australasia, it publishes exemplary papers in epistemology, broadly construed. Topics within its purview include:
- traditional epistemological questions concerning the nature of belief, justification, and knowledge, the status of scepticism, the nature of the a priori, etc;
- new developments in epistemology, including movements such as naturalized epistemology, feminist epistemology, social epistemology, and virtue epistemology, and approaches such as contextualism;
- foundational questions in decision-theory;
- confirmation theory and other branches of philosophy of science that bear on traditional issues in epistemology;
- topics in the philosophy of perception relevant to epistemology;
- topics in cognitive science, computer science, developmental, cognitive, and social psychology that bear directly on traditional epistemological questions;
- work that examines connections between epistemology and other branches of philosophy, including work on testimony and the ethics of belief.
Anyone wanting to understand the latest developments at the leading edge of the discipline can start here.
Oxford Studies in Epistemology is a biennial publication which offers a regular snapshot of state-of-the-art work in this important field. Under the guidance of a distinguished editorial board, it publishes exemplary papers in epistemology, broadly construed. Anyone wanting to understand the latest developments in the discipline can start here.
Herausgeber Tamar Sz. Gendler
Herausgeber John Hawthorne
Merkmale ISBN Oxford Studies in Epistemology Volume 6. Bucheinband-Typ: Taschenbuch, Unterstützte Sprachen: Englisch, Anzahl der Seiten: 272 Seiten. Mindest Bestellungsanzahl: 1 Stück(e)
Größe 241 x 139 x 22 mm
Produktgewicht 577 g
This discussion is intended to exchange information between customers. If your question answered within 48 hours, the answer gives you an expert of Dodax.